a) Affirmative: Regular infinitive + -ed (worked); irregular (second column: go-went)
b) Negative: didn't + infinitive (you didn't work; I didn't go). LOOK!: *You
c) Question: did + subject + infinitive (did Atif study hard? did Isabel come yesterday?)
LOOK!: *did Oriol
argument= discussió (false friend!)
1.Copy in your worksheet
After lunch we _______ (have) history. The teacher ______ (ask) me a question: 'When ____ Christopher Columbus ________ America?' (discover) I ________ (answer) '1942'. Everyone _______ (laugh). I ________ (be) really embarrassed.
When I ________ (leave) school, it _______ (start) to rain. I ____ _______ (not have) my coat with me so I _____ (get) very wet. Later in the evening I ______ (have) an argument with my mum. It ____ (be) a terrible day.
2.Answer these questions:
1. Why did John miss the bus to school?
2. Did John do well in the maths exam?
3. Why couldn't John buy lunch?
4. Why did everyone laugh at John in the history lesson? (When did Columbus discover America?)
5. Who did John have an argument with in the evening? (amb qui va discutir el John al vespre?)
3. Look at the picture... what things people say bring bad luck? Draw it and match.
b.black 2. salt
c.go down 3. a ladder (escales)
d.spill 4. cat
e.an open 5. mirror
4.Think about your worst (or best) day at school. Make a list of bad/good things that happened.
E.g. I lost something (vaig perdre alguna cosa...)
I got a 10 in an exam (vaig treure un 10 a un examen)
5. EXTRA-Revision: make a list of the sentences where you find this combination: adjective + name. What do they mean?
It was a terrible day - Va ser un dia terrible!