WARM UP: Watch this video... which extreme sports can you spot?
Classify these sports into the following categories: LAND WATER AIR
Have you ever practised any of them?
Would you like to practise any of them?
WRITING: WISH LIST- 10 things I want to do before I am 25.
1. I want to...
2. I would like to...
3. I'd love to...
Example: I want to do bungee jumping in New Zealand!
SPEAKING: Now comment your list with your colleagues. What sports would you do? Which ones you wouldn't do? Why?
LISTENING: Listen to this podcast. What ten extreme sports are mentioned?
1- What does the B in BASE mean? B________ Antennas Spans (Bridges) and Earth (cliffs)
2 - Kayaking is also known as: a) cliff diving b) caving c) canoeing
3 - You can explore caves if you practise this sport: c _ _ _ _ _
4 - Choose the correct option: white / blue / black water rafting
5 - A synonym for skydiving is p _ _ _ ch _ _ _ _ _
The origins of bungee jumping. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bungee_jumping
1. Where was the world's first permanent commercial bungee site opened? K_____ B____, in N__ Z_____.
2. When and where did they perform the world's highest jump at (233 metres)? At the M_____ T_____, in A____ 2____.
3. The main material of the elastc rope used in bungee juming is....? L______
4. In what famous French monument did they jump in the 1980s? The E_____ T ______
5. The land-diving ritual on Pentecost has been claimed as an inspiration by AJ Hackett. In what island country is it performed? V_____
EXTRA: Can you mention 5 variants of this sport?
More info @ http://www.ajhackett.com/
- Future (will and going to): http://www.agendaweb.org/verbs/future-exercises.html
- Conditionals: http://www.agendaweb.org/verbs/conditional-verbs-exercises.html (focus on First conditional)
- Present Perfect: http://www.agendaweb.org/verbs/present_perfect-exercises.html